2012 Triennial Conference a successful and energizing event
2012 Triennial Conference | Saint Joseph's University | Philadelphia, PA
Thank you to all the delegates and guests who attended the 32nd annual Triennial Conference of Alpha Sigma Nu, and a special thanks to Saint Joseph's University for partnering with us to make the Conference a success. We received so much great feedback from attendees, citing the inspiring keynote address by Fr. Michael Garanzini, SJ, President of Loyola University Chicago, and the talk by Chris Lowney, renowned author on leadership from a Jesuit perspective, the enthusiastic and focused discussions among attendees, and the overall energy of the Conference as highlights from the experience. We wish all our members could be at our Triennial Conferences to see the great work being done by our Chapters and Clubs and to feel the energy around the Society's mission. As we look forward to our 2015 Triennial Conference, the celebration of our 100th anniversary, we are so proud of the outstanding work of our Chapters, Clubs, Board, and Alumni members and are filled with awe at the ongoing enthusiasm behind the Society's mission, almost 100 years after its founding.
Highlights from the 2012 Triennial Conference:
- Welcome Reception which lasted well past the end time due to the fun atmosphere and formation of new friendships
- Inspiring keynote address by Fr. Michael Garanzini, SJ on the future of Jesuit higher education, a call to go from the polis to the orbis and to increase the global interconnectedness in Jesuit education, as well as in our Society
- Impactful talk by Chris Lowney on leadership and the unique place of Alpha Sigma Nu as an organization of individual leaders with Jesuit values
- Brainstorming and discussions on how to take the inspiration of the morning's talks from broad ideas to projects, events, and action at the Chapter/Club level
- Student-led Prayer Service at Old Saint Joe's church, the oldest Catholic church in Philadelphia, complete with guided Examen
- Exploring the historic sites of Philadelphia and enjoying a fun and collegial dinner in a Philadelphia brew pub in Center City
- Opportunities for some members and other Honor Society cohorts to improve our application process, marketing, networking, and including Ignatian Spirituality in our programming
- Welcoming the newly elected Board members and honoring the outgoing Board members for their devotion of time and energy to the success of Alpha Sigma Nu
- Capping off the Conference with a social dance to celebrate all the new friendships bonded throughout the weekend -- complete with a Gangnam Style dance performance by our Sogang Chapter President!
We will be sharing photos of the Conference in the coming weeks as mementos of the great memories and a way to include all of our members who couldn't join in this year's gathering. Stay tuned for reports on the great programming taking place this year as a result of the ignited inspiration of our Chapters and Clubs. As we move toward our 100th anniversary, it is clear there is still -- and perhaps growing -- tremendous energy behind the mission of Alpha Sigma Nu.